Simple things to try before calling your Bryant dealer
If you have any trouble with your Bryant products or system, remember you can always call your Bryant dealer for help and service. Here are a few simple things to try before calling your local Bryant dealer to your home for a service visit.
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the 'cool' position.
- Ensure that your outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running.
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box(or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Make sure they are all in "ON" position.
- Check the outdoor unit "disconnect switch" to make sure it is in the "ON" position. The disconnect switch id located near the outdoor unit. (Normally a grey 8" wide x 16" high x 4" deep box mounted to the wall).
- If not, check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the "ON" position.
- An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioning unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Furniture should be moved away from return air grilles at least four inches for adequate air supply.
Gas Furnace Equipment
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the "heat" position.
- Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above (or higher than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
- Ensure that there is power to the furnace.
- Try turning the fan to the "ON" position using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to the furnace.
- All 1-inch thick furnace filters should be replaced monthly.
- Wider 2-inch thick, and other high-capacity pleated filters can most likely be replaced every other month or just 6 times per year.
- Check all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air. (The return air grilles are normally located on your walls and are wide and flat).