Top 10 Reasons to have Air Ducts cleaned
90% of homes have shown indoor air quality issues*, and the EPA ranks indoor air pollution as one of the top 5 health risks. In addition, there are 55 million allergy and asthma sufferers in the United States. With growing concerns about the air we breath indoors, more and more homeowners and building managers are looking to make improvements by having air duct cleaning done.
People get their air ducts cleaned for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Installation of a new high efficiency heating and cooling system-you don't want to blow dirt and debris through the new coils.
- Allergy and/or asthma symptoms are aggravated.
- Pet dander accumulation.
- Reduction of interior dust.
- Ducts and furnace have been inactive for two or more years.
- Rodent and other pest infiltration.
- Microbial growth inside: mold, algae, fungus, bacteria, etc.
- Odors from ducts and/or furnace.
- A video inspection shows dirt and debris in ducts.
- Routine maintenance to improve indoor air quality.
Kevin's Plumbing & Heating, Inc., offers duct cleaning services to remove harmful contaminants from your home or office. Kevin's uses the official Rotobrush air duct cleaning system. The powerful yet flexible Rotobrush easily cleans all types of air duct construction(e.g., flex duct, round metal ducts, square metal ducts, fiberboard) including right angle turns, reducers and multiple bends found in most types of duct systems. The advanced cleaning method is the only one available that brushes and vacuums at the point of contact, eliminating the use of harsh chemicals.
In todays airtight homes, indoor air quality is a growing concern. Most household dust contains dust mites, mold, pollen, mildew, and animal dander. Many of these contaminants are circulated through the central air system in most homes and can aggravate the symptoms of asthma and allergies.
Here's how it works:
- We clean the register covers to remove cooking oil film, nicotine film, and other dust-collecting substances.
- We deep clean the source of the air supply including (where applicable) the blower, squirrel cage, coils, condensation pan and air supply.
- The air ducts are then brush vacuumed clean with our exclusive, patented Rotobrush air duct cleaning system. The Rotobrush removes the contaminants that circulate through the air duct system. We can sanitize your air ducts and vents, upon request, with an environmentally safe sanitizer commonly used in hospitals and nursing homes, leaving behind a fresh scent.
Call us today for a FREE estimate. What you can't see, can hurt you!